Tuesday, September 14, 2010

summer and school

Well, its been forever since the last time I did anything on here so I thought I would update whoever happens to follow this. I haven't written any poetry recently so there is nothing to post in that area of my life. However, I did recently begin my sophomore year of college!! So far its been a blast. But before I launch into that I should tell you about my summer! I shadowed three vet's at a vet clinic in my hometown. I learned a lot. Then I worked at camp for the months of June and July. In August my family vacationed in New York City. It was the quintessential NYC vacation. We saw everything I wanted to see. We went to Blue Man Group and the Lion King (on Broadway). We saw many of the sights including, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Ground Zero, Battery Park (where the Bull is), Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Times Square, and the list goes on. I had a blast! Right before the trip I acquired a traveling gnome and named him Pete. He went with me to NYC and he had so much fun! I take him every where I go, he lives in my purse on trips. He lives underneath the bonsai plant in my dorm room with a butterfly and a rock that has the word "inspire" engraved on it when he isn't traveling.
My school year so far has been wonderful! I have met new people and reconnected with my old friends. My room mate is a friend from North Dakota who I went to high school with so we know each other. It is so nice to have such a great room mate! I love her. Well, I must leave you now but when ever I think about, there will be another update.
sidenote: I'm flying to Washington this weekend for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary! It should be a BLAST! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment