Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Well, I've decided that its time to put another poem on here. So here is the story behind it. This poem was written while I was on my senior class trip. We went on a tour of a giant, awesome, old mansion. It was a well worn mansion. One that hand grooves in the steps from where people wandered up and down them. It was a beautiful house but very lonely. I wrote a poem about it. I love this poem. Its very descriptive. Although, it does leave me feeling a tad depressed, it inspires me to make a difference. :)

Memories Are Forever
By: A.

Keyholes and candlesticks
Haunted basements and empty hallways
Silent laughter echoes
Evidence of quiet footfalls are worn into the carpet

The swing stands still
The hooves of fancy horses no longer prance
The house is silent
Cherubs drift through the vacant yard

Outside its black
Inside its grand, with staircases and chandeliers
Parties are invisible
Traces of forgotten fun are everywhere

The house stands empty of human inhabitants
But it is full of memories
Of crying, laughter, joy, and sorrow
Brick will crumble and fall, but memories are forever




Hope you liked it. If you did, you should comment and let me know. If you hated it, you should still tell me.
-A.

No comments:

Post a Comment