Sunday, August 7, 2011

My Summer. The Abridged Version

Well, I am not very good a blogging apparently since I haven't been on here in almost eight months. Here is a brief over view of my life. In February I decided to be a student missionary next school year. In March I went to the countries of South Africa, Swaziland, and Lesotho. In April I finished my second year in college and made the decision to be an assistant dean at an academy in Idaho. In May I went to San Diego, California and Mexico with my dad and watched my brother graduate from high school -tear-. In June we rented a convertible camero and grabbed the motorcycles for a road trip of epic proportions down the Pacific Coast Highway. Then camp meeting and camp down at Flag Mountain Camp in South Dakota. I also found out that I was headed to Idaho for sure and went to my family reunion. July brought intense heat and more camp but this time up at Northern Lights camp. It also brought my great grandma's 100th birthday party! The secret to longevity is beans, in case you didn't know. Now it is August and its already been busy. The first week of August took me to Berrien Springs to visit some friends I hadn't seen in a year. It was a week that was very epic in many ways. I will never forget that week. Now I'm back home and I'm packing for Idaho between going to weddings, birthday parties, and musicals. I leave for my 1,000 mile trek on Friday sometime. I'm very excited about my new job in Idaho but very sad about leaving all of my friends in BS. It was a very difficult decision but one that I look back on with no regrets. I will attempt to keep my blog updated for those of you who read it occasionally.
-Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment